Fortress.Legal™ is a secure Intangibles Management System (IMS) where innovative companies can strategically manage and track ideas, IP, contracts and business data to grow faster and achieve higher valuations. Our mission is to democratize the global marketplace by empowering innovators to better leverage their intellectual property. We believe that every great idea should have equal opportunity to succeed.
This full-time position will report to the VP Operations and can be based in our Ottawa, Canada office, fully remote, or hybrid (for Canadian residents only). We’re looking for a new graduate to join our team as soon as possible.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering (Software, Computer or Electrical), or equivalent (proof of degree required) – must have graduated in the last 12 months
- Clear verbal and written communication and the ability collaborate effectively in a geographically dispersed working environment
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- Interest and aptitude for software development is a must
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Typescript, Svelte or FoalTS
- Experience with common web API patterns like REST
- Experience working with collaboration tools like Jira, Asana, Confluence, etc
What you will gain:
- Experience and ground floor opportunities for growth in a fast growing startup
- Mentorship from a team that includes seasoned business professionals and industry experts
- Competitive compensation, paid vacation and health benefits
- A collaborative work environment that is focused on big impact
At Fortress.Legal, all our team members are given the autonomy to have a strategic impact in how we scale. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, vacation allowances, employee stock option plan and other perks to help our employees thrive. As we continue to grow, we are committed to cultivating an environment where everyone’s unique perspectives are heard and valued. Fortress.Legal is an equal opportunity employer; we encourage applications from all backgrounds, identities, abilities, and life experiences.
Please apply with a resume and a cover letter to Samantha Murray, VP Operations. You may include sample work such as a code repository. Please note only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may apply for this position.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position and employees may be required to perform additional job tasks.